NorthNikko — 12.05.2012 20:40:55

Hi all.

I made use of my ban period by trying to learn how to create a map. After some experience and some tests with bots (official ones. hem, now I really understand why I use the word "bot" as a swear !) I finally created a full map. It's my first one so I didnt create any texture or things like that.

As a first try I chose to create a pyramid, then I named my map "de_pyramid" (cause it's a bomb/defuse one :roll: ). It's quiet simple.

I just post this topic to share it and to ask :
- Can you please download the map (I'll try to put it as an attachment) and test it to see what's wrong, if you see bugs, etc.
- If you like the map (I talk to admins) is it possible to make it one of those that are played in High latency ?

I give here the specifications of the map :

Name : de_pyramid
Type : bomb/defuse
Number of sites : 2
Max number of players : 30
Textures : cstrike.wad, decals.wad, halflife.wad
Size : quiet small

EDIT : where can you see attachments?

Px — 12.05.2012 20:46:41

Only admins can attach big files by default, better upload your map to any fileshare service

NorthNikko — 12.05.2012 20:51:20

Okay I did it.
Here it is.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Jvb1 … 21BME1YeDg

EDIT : to download click on "File > Download" left top corner.

Sad-Flute — 13.05.2012 20:42:38

kallo bro map is good...but its conjusted and something is wrong with stairs...i stuck on them......welll seems like u have done hardwork ..its good ..
;)

Sad-Flute — 13.05.2012 20:44:13

both spam are not good....we cant rush....make more doors at spam ;)

NorthNikko — 13.05.2012 20:59:16

I am never stucked on stairs oO
You talk about bombsites ?

NorthNikko — 18.05.2012 18:39:19

So, what about it? is it good or?

Px — 19.05.2012 17:39:24

NorthNikko написал:

is it good or?

Or. Ladders is very bad idea, now who first get to higher ladder, is a winner. Also, map looks like unfinished.
One another thing, you should also include .res file, where all needed files are enumerated, and you overview bmp file contains wrong map dimensions (see console on connect)

NorthNikko — 19.05.2012 18:42:30

Map looks like unfinished cause of textures :/
Do you think the structure of ways to the sites is wrong? How could I change it ?
Okay for bmp & res I will create/correct them after changing the map.

Sad-Flute — 20.05.2012 09:39:34

to reach bombsite there must be open way atleast for 2 to pass . :rolleyes:
its easy to kill player who climb ladder to reach bombsites . :closedeyes:
ladder is bad bad bad bad bad .............. :/

NorthNikko — 20.05.2012 12:44:43

Maybe, a door to hide the ladder opening?

Px — 20.05.2012 14:13:23

NorthNikko написал:

Map looks like unfinished cause of textures :/

Not only, there are passages with dead ends, also climb up at first step of pyramid, imitating that somebody help you to climb up, and try to go to other respawn point

NorthNikko написал:

No, ladders is bad idea at all, you should replace them with slowly rising passages

Sad-Flute — 20.05.2012 14:45:16

NorthNikko написал:

No, ladders is bad idea at all, you should replace them with slowly rising passages

yup...px got good idea...slowly rising passages or slopes are better.... but made it wide not narrow so that more than 1 player can rush at time.

NorthNikko — 20.05.2012 17:16:14

slowly rising = stairs? I don't understand :(

I'll try to change the structure of climbup ways.

Px — 20.05.2012 17:41:28

NorthNikko написал:

slowly rising = stairs

Nope, without stairs, just inclined plane

NorthNikko — 20.05.2012 17:46:34

Ah ok ! Ill see.

EarL — 20.05.2012 21:28:30

NorthNikko написал:

I made use of my ban

:facepalm:

I think it's not such a bad idea to create your own map though so I give you credit and once I check it, I will try to give suggestions as well :)

NorthNikko — 21.05.2012 19:36:39

thx bro :)
Concerning ladders, which ones do you think that I must remove?

Px — 21.05.2012 20:19:44

Px написал:

all

this

NorthNikko — 21.05.2012 20:31:31

I just cant, some ways are unchangeable

Px — 21.05.2012 21:02:49

NorthNikko написал:

unchangeable

Saying, that something not possible, you just telling "I can't imagine that", train your fantasy ;)

NorthNikko — 22.05.2012 00:16:42

:lol: it's physically impossible but maybe fantasy possible.

Sad-Flute — 22.05.2012 18:08:03

@px ban him again ..and he will change the map :D

NorthNikko — 22.05.2012 18:42:41

>< I started to modify the map yesterday but cause of material reason - it was 1.00 am and I go to school at 7 - I didnt finish.

EarL — 22.05.2012 20:26:55

Sad-Flute написал:

@px ban him again ..and he will change the map

If you make the ban long enough he will create a map better than de_dust 2, just give him a chance :D

To be honest since my exams are over, I think I will learn and make one too. Since we love CS so much, why not leave a mark in it ;) Is it tough to learn to make maps though? Will go through youtube tutorial or something..

NorthNikko — 23.05.2012 14:21:24

I got a full tutorial with Valve Hammer Editor but it's in French. I learnt how to use during two weeks I think and I know master it but I don't know yet how to create textures - I think I'll do to improve my maps...

P.S. : dust2 is crap

NorthNikko — 23.05.2012 22:33:42

Update in process

Changed Terro-to-site-A way. better like this !
Changed Overview dimensions.

Must change CT-to-A way and CT-to-B way
Some features missing

NorthNikko — 23.05.2012 23:30:22

de_pyramid

v2beta is here.

Modifications :

- Changed Ts-to-A way, removing ladders and modifying the structure of the way (slow up ways) and of the entrance of the Terrorists (added breakable glass, breakable walls, boxes, etc)
- Deleted 75% of ladders. Only three left and one wont be removed (because it's physically impossible) but in next version I will delete the one that allow B access to CT by a sided way and the one that allow B access to Ts (I will modify B, I just changed A at this point)
- Texture bugs corrected. If you see others please notice me. If you think about other textures somewhere, tell me.
- I got an error with overview, dimensions are same that official maps and it doesnt work...
- Added a ligh in CT stairs
- Some minor modifications that I don't remember at this moment. (expl closing B to A sided way)

Sad-Flute — 24.05.2012 14:58:16

kallo bro i dont know how to download this beta map ...plz help me out :(

NorthNikko — 24.05.2012 19:36:04

File>Download (left hand corner) or CTRL + S

Sad-Flute — 25.05.2012 17:25:06

post the link again :/ ... i cant find any file tab :|

NorthNikko — 25.05.2012 20:26:27

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByRyu1 … 2MxYXFzV1U

NorthNikko — 28.05.2012 15:23:50

Then is it better?

Px — 28.05.2012 15:25:55

No time to check...

NorthNikko — 28.05.2012 16:07:33

Take your time. The map is not finished, i just changed some things you told me.

Sad-Flute — 28.05.2012 17:23:14

sorry! i also dont check it :(

NorthNikko — 29.05.2012 19:49:07

No problem I finished the structure remaniements.
I finish the spawn file. Then I update.

NorthNikko — 29.05.2012 20:08:01

I dont know how to add spawns ><

NorthNikko — 29.05.2012 21:48:02

Here is the new one :
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByRyu1 … zFMT1VSR1k

Px — 29.05.2012 21:54:37

cstrike / overviews / Thumbs.db
This file is not needed, delete it next time before upload

NorthNikko — 29.05.2012 22:07:29

It's added automatically cause i created the folder to add them to the zip. I'll delete it inside the zip next time ;)

Px — 02.06.2012 23:19:58

Okay, just finished checking, new version is better, but there are still a couple of problems.
First of all, that window from CT side on site B, T have no chances to get to B through the door, you either need to add second entrance from T, or remove that window.
Second, you should change textures on breakable wall so players can recognize that those wall can be destroyed, I found this by occasion, while checking for visual artifacts. And speaking about them, here is an example:

NorthNikko — 03.06.2012 00:03:25

Okay.
New version arrive in some minutes, I'll edit this post. Changes :
- Added a T entrance to Bsite//Removed window? I'll see.
- All textures changed. I mean, the basical walls texture was replaced by a group of 4 textures which look better and change the map. Changed A-site walls texture. Changed B-site walls, floor and ceil texture - the result is not what I was expecting, also I need your mind about it. The basical walls texture is now only on the coating of the pyramid.
- Removed last ladder : I just had to put an inclinated plane here ^^
- Corrected some minor bugs, like the ceil of CTspawn to crossroad which was too short.
- Added a window at A-site and a box on a small "chamber" which allows CTs to use awp to defend A. Ts can also use it to spam the CTtoA stairs from the window in their side.
- Harmonized joint between walls and floor at some points, added amounts to some doors.

(Huh what do you mean, visual artifacts?)

Px — 03.06.2012 00:18:35

NorthNikko написал:

(Huh what do you mean, visual artifacts?)

Lines and light on ceiling

NorthNikko — 03.06.2012 00:28:52

Okay, this is due to structure of object. I cant do anything, except remodelize the block.

Px — 03.06.2012 01:31:02

NorthNikko написал:

I cant do anything, except remodelize the block.

Nobody say that creating of good map is easy ;)

NorthNikko — 03.06.2012 01:32:24

Here is the new version. I can go bed now.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByRyu1 … lBfcldHUWc

Sad-Flute — 03.06.2012 11:26:34

now its looks like map to be played :D ...nice work bro :) what u think px ? :)

NorthNikko — 03.06.2012 13:01:11

Thank you, you checked it :D
I have to modify overview I forgot to do that ><

NorthNikko — 03.06.2012 20:14:52

Here is the spawn file if you want to play DM - i recommand it to you, I tried it and it works well vs bots.
I saw some minor bugs that I'll correct when youll tell me what is wrong now.

DJ_Serega — 05.06.2012 02:00:16

а почему на стенке "А" вверх ногами? :)

NorthNikko — 05.06.2012 19:19:46

(Google trad my friend :D)
I dunno, the decal turns alone >< I'll correct it.

EDIT : I cant ><
EDIT 2 : Done :o

NorthNikko — 10.06.2012 13:09:55

http://www.cs.iptcom.net/forum/img/users/2760_20120610130813_de_pyramidsmaller.jpg

version 4.0

Changes :

1.) Material changes

- Modified de_pyramid.wad
- Deleted overview, will be re added later

2.) Map changes
- Map fully retextured : Bombsite A & Bombsite B (previous textures dind't satisfy me), amounts of windows, etc.
- Corrected textures adjustements

Enjoy.

EarL — 13.06.2012 23:24:35

So the long awaited review is finally here, and I think I have a lot of suggestions for you to improve your map.

First of all, I really loved the textures and the fact that the map is different - very attractive little map that I would enjoy play at a server. However, there are a ton of things you need to improve:

1. SIZE, and I cannot stress this enough if I tried - let me try to explain. The bombsites, the re-spawns and overall connective area (no idea of MID/CENTER in the map) are too small. To put this in perspective, I cannot:

a) Throw a he grenade without damaging an ally in either of the bombsites, or I have to be pro
b) Distance of fire is limited to short and medium - absolutely no long distance skill involved. Not saying that every map should accommodate AWP, but this map certainly is limited to quick reaction and mass kills on key places of the map
c) Take a look at well-known maps and see what makes them so playable even at competitive level. Keep in mind the area of movement and the amount of places to hide/use as cover and various entrances and exits to and from bombsites:

i) De_Dust2: Large MID area, different towering opportunities, large re-spawn locations that CONNECT to the map itself - in your map, as soon as you leave them, they are not in use, and even if they were, they are just plain field in shooting perspective. Large A and B bomb sites, making sure AWP can be deployed, and there is enough room for many teammates to position themselves. I played your map 6v6 with bots and man, it was a bloodbath - nowhere to go.
ii) De_Aztec: Plenty of space in water, huge re-spawns and bombsites that fit the server, where we usually have 8v8 or 9v9 matches going on. Everyone's location is not revealed instantly - lot of skill is involved in listening and trying to identify locations.
iii) De_Nuke: Massive shootout arena in so-called YARD/outside of A bomb site. AWP/FB's/HE's/SMOKE are accommodated perfectly.

Try to take those elements from the other maps and incorporate in yours. If there was one thing to change and I had to just say in one sentence, I would say, if there is a command Stretch/Re-size, just do 150% on your map and it should be fine :D

Since you are quite detailed as per your map, I am sure you will focus on what can be improved area by area, so besides making larger blocks for your bombsites etc., my second point follows:

2. At B bombsite, the camping area is too simplistic: it will be wall banged so badly that no one will have any possibility to camp there - instead of that, you can just expand your bombsite and make some sort of a little sphynx base on the right side of CT's entrance to B site. In addition, think of what else would be appropriate: since this is a pyramid, tunnels are plenty, so install some 'ventilation' tubes throughout that would connect bombsites, try to implement cs_assault example. In addition to camping area, just make the site bigger, trust me, it is a wreck (BUT I LOVE YOUR IDEA, don't get me wrong)

3. At A bombsite, there is nowhere to hide: put MASSIVE boxes in the middle of that area, make A (or B) bombsite as a hidden treasure hideout, therefore put massive piles of boxes all over the place, make holes in the walls, ventilation tubes that lead to the bombsite (as per de_nuke at b bombsite)

4. Try to think of a MID area in the map, some place that bombsite could connect better as opposed to just running around the whole map. I am always for second level in the map - something like was done in this map MOTOZAVOD in area A.

But the whole thing comes down to - SIZE/AREA/CONNECTIVE AREAS/EXIT-ENTRANCE/AWP-HE-FLASH-ability

I really like the style, textures, and the concept and idea of the map so you can make it a great one to play. In fact, it is already better than trash metal in my opinion, but if you just improve it a lot from this point, I am sure Px will use it in IPT Low+High.

One quick notice on textures: behind the glass at A bombsite, the hieroglyphic textures are stretched, sort them out :)

Hope this helps,

EarL

Px — 14.06.2012 10:59:31

EarL написал:

De_Aztec

is map-fail, where T have no chances, not a good idea to cite it as example ;)
All other, except of HE part (too easy to blow teammate, but this need's to be checked, because it depends on wall material), is the question of taste and not suitable for small map

EarL — 14.06.2012 18:49:03

Fair point about de_aztec (but could have used many other maps to support my views, though), but in general don't you think, actually playing with bots or players, the area in each bombsite is a bit squeezed? Feels like in B site what would happen is either a bloodbath and a quick win for either of the teams, or bomb-plant and T camping behind that one wall and doors, where HE would fly all over the place and terrorists would simply be wall-killed. In my opinion there definitely needs to be some exit to the site that could connect, through ventilations or otherwise, to A bombsite or a possible Middle area.

I really do like the map in general as it is different and original. How it would play in server is really a matter of testing. Try adding bots and observing their play/participate to see if you want to change dimensions yourself :)

Sad-Flute — 14.06.2012 19:58:01

EarL написал:

So the long awaited review is finally here, and I think I have a lot of suggestions for you to improve your map.

/****** cut ******/

Hope this helps,

EarL

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

NorthNikko — 14.06.2012 22:36:32

Actually I tested the map 10vs10 bots and that is true that the map is a little smaller. I will try to answer all points you suggested :
- the respawns will not change. In my mind, all the fights must be inside the pyramid and not outside. The only way I cand change respawns is to connect them each other, which would be a "bloodbath" as you say. I can probably add some connection to th pyramid wich permit the CTs/Ts to access A bombsite by the outside (for example with stairs or an inclinated plane) but I really think it's a bad Idea.
- (I found another hieroglyph picture that would maybe make a good texture, if I can convert it to viable Wally texture I'll add it)
- I'm thinking about adding a mid-way for long time. I approximatly know where I must place it but not the elements that will take place in. However if you have got any idea, just tell it.
- I can add a second Ts to B way, that's not a prob and I already started to do that some days ago but I finally removed it because of a bsp bug - finally it was a texture but I don't have got the previous version. If I add a third way to B, I will make the site bigger, and maybe with more stuff in - I found a nice anubis model on the internet, it will be a good add if my comp wants to display it.
- about distance of shooting, I see that there is a problem (only two long distance views : from the box at the left of CTtoAstairs to the window at the right of TS stairs and from the top of the TstoA way to the down and opposite). If I make a mid way Ill make it long to allow awps.
- Concerning HEs I agree too, but actually I dunno how to change the HEs spots.
- Concerning flashbangs too.
- I just cant physically make A bigger (its sided from all the sides by ways). I disagree your mind that you cant hide, there are many places : between boxes, at the bottom of Ts entrance window you can hide near the box, at the box near CT toA stairs, behind the wall that sides at the right ct stairs, ...
- There is not resize command but actually I can group all blocks and make it bigger, but its not the solution because guys will look too small vs the walls and bugs will maybe occur.
- Connecting A 1 B? I will think about.

Really big thanks to you to take the time to test the map and to comment it.

NorthNikko — 14.06.2012 22:49:59

One quick notice on textures: behind the glass at A bombsite, the hieroglyphic textures are stretched, sort them out

Done, I had clipped the block so the texture was stretched and I couldnt make it easy normal so I just create a new block, which will transmit light better by the way :)

NorthNikko — 15.06.2012 18:00:51

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/9775/depyramidsmaller.jpg

version 5.0

Changes :

1.) Material changes

- Modified de_pyramid.wad
- Modified de_pyramid.spawns.cfg
- Deleted overview, will NOT be re added later (not used in IPT High, very hard to make a useful one (two levels)

2.) Map changes

a) A site

- re organized box on the left of the CT stairs
- moved boxes in the corridor, awp now available
- added a way at the right which allows ct to spam Ts entrance with awp, i let you see what I mean
- added a ladder in Ts way which allow Ts to climb up at a second level in A site that I added.

b) B site

- Added a second Ts to B way that divide itself in 3 ways with breakable walls. Awp can be used here. CT can access this way from the site. After some tests it appears that planting on B is now very tactical.
- Added a BtoA tube with a ladder inside.
- Modified some textures.
- Corrected visual artifact bug.

Px — 16.06.2012 13:09:35

You too engaged with additions on A site and make it overcomplicated, too much breakable doors and windows. Second problem is timing, while B site is accessible by both CT and T in near same time and with more than one way, on A site CT have advantage in both timing and position. T have only one "fast" entrance, and in time when they only reach last inclined plane, CT are already at plant point and have easy game "throw HE just straight forward and blow all running T", and with just one flash throwed in same direction they stop T rush and have another easy game "shoot blind T one by one".

NorthNikko — 16.06.2012 13:39:25

I will first close the glass window that is on the right on the picture : first I added it in order to add some light in the corridor but I got the idea to open an aeration tube to the outside after and I forgot to remove the window.
Concerning timing after 2 hours of test I think you are right then I will make the CTtoA way a little longer. Or maybe I will add a second Ts to A way and a second CT to A way.

Is B a good plant now?

Px — 16.06.2012 13:57:08

NorthNikko написал:

Concerning timing after 2 hours of test I think you are right then I will make the CTtoA way a little longer. Or maybe I will add a second Ts to A way and a second CT to A way.

Second way is preferable

NorthNikko написал:

Is B a good plant now?

At first glance I don't see any major faults, need realgame testing

Harmony — 16.06.2012 14:20:47

perhaps you could implant it to High and low for testing?

NorthNikko — 16.06.2012 15:53:47

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByRyu1 … Td0OEZrWkk

I found an original way ^^

Px — 16.06.2012 16:06:55

Harmony написал:

perhaps you could implant it to High and low for testing?

That's would be possible only when map reach it's "final" state, in other case after each change we must change also it's name...

NorthNikko — 16.06.2012 16:19:21

You can put it on the server with name de_pyramid_test

Px — 16.06.2012 16:36:03

And after first test as de_pyramid_test2, and after third... :D
There are more effective ways to pollute users maps folder :rolleyes:

NorthNikko — 16.06.2012 16:54:51

Okay. Test the map and if you dont have anything to say call it de_pyramid. If it needs changes I'll found another name.

NorthNikko — 17.06.2012 13:46:42

Oh fu , heres the good one ><
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByRyu1 … 1gxdElrYk0

EarL — 21.06.2012 23:29:39

Px, aren't CT meant to arrive to the bombsite first? That is, any map I think of (INFERNO, D2, NUKE, etc.) CT get to take their defending positions first.

Kallo, surely you know what 'FU' stands for :D Anyway, trying your latest 5.1 version ! Will let you know how it is now!

EarL — 22.06.2012 00:27:49

Now that is one fun map - I really like the way you have expanded it, I think it is wonderful. I love the B area, the hallway that opens up to TS side, expanded everything, installed a connection, even A site is much more spacious now. I don't even know what much to suggest, use your own imagination on what you can polish up, but this, in my opinion, is a very playable map.

Hopefully once you've followed Px suggestions and made sure everything runs clean, we can try it out on the server. It pretty much looks server-ready to me. Breakable walls tend to be a tiny bit too much, so if you removed just a couple of them, at B site unlocking that long tunnel towards TS side, that's about all from me :)

You should do more maps, in such a short period you've managed to make this? Nice ;)

NorthNikko — 22.06.2012 12:50:26

Thanks for that review.

In my opinion B is more rushable if the wall is breakable; if i remove it, CT + awp = stop rush. Here Ts can hear that CTs are trying to break the wall and can prepare themselves to fight. Notice that the breakable wall in the sided corridor has got only 70 hp then its easy to rush by this way cause two ak bullets allow destruction.

I'll wait for Px suggestions before saying the map is finished.

During hollidays -from July, 2nd to September, 2nd) i will have something like 5 or 6 empty weeks, be sure I'll create a new map if this one is ok ;)

Don't ban me for swear btw :(

EarL — 22.06.2012 15:55:29

Kallo,

I've got an idea - obviously that wall won't prevent any awp from taking you out - it's just a long corridor. Why don't you do something that is done in de_rage, where the corridor is split into two hallways with some obstacles? That way you have a chance to come closer to the awp.

EarL

NorthNikko — 22.06.2012 16:23:33

Hm, I want it to be awp usable.

NorthNikko — 22.06.2012 20:23:49

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/9775/depyramidsmaller.jpg

version 5.2

Changes :

- A site

EarL — 23.06.2012 21:17:32

It is once again a better version of the map, B site pretty much looks complete and all seems to blend well.

But I think I've found one major problem in the map, I don't know exactly what Px attempted to say about the timing earlier, but by climbing the pyramid, terrorists have advantage in rushing the A site. Obviously, depending on the spawn, but the average time to get to the bomb plant circle in A it takes CT 8.5-9 seconds while T takes 7 seconds. This does not allow CT to deploy and camp-in and prep for T entry?

NorthNikko — 23.06.2012 22:49:55

actually you can spam the window from ct stairs.

NorthNikko — 27.06.2012 15:45:31

I heard you and added a secondary way to A.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByRyu1 … jNYaEVzU00

Px — 27.06.2012 20:46:31

At last got time and test all three last versions, in general, map almost complete and I can put it on server for testing after removing remaining small inconsistencies.
1. In previous review I said, that plant B is ok, but after running there back and forth I understand, that T don't have direct "silent" way, so I propose to replace a breakable wall on right side of screenshot below with simple doorway (without door)
2. When I run on new inclined panes from T resp, I get strange "jumping" effect, see attached demo.
3. Now, when pyramid "steps" is "unlocked", empty endings on steps is completely not understandable, see same demo end. That's not a critical problem, disallowing map release, but inconsistency from my point of view.
That's all, after fixing at least 1 and 2 I would put map on server for testing

NorthNikko — 27.06.2012 23:02:48

1, 2 et 3 : corrected :)
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByRyu1 … lU2VG1LLWs

Px — 28.06.2012 19:55:39

Okay, all looks fine, I upload map on server with name de_pyramid_beta for testing and put it two times in Saturday and Monday mapcycles, let's see how people react on it :)

NorthNikko — 28.06.2012 20:04:43

Fine ! thanks a lot Px, and if something is wrong I'll obv correct it !

Sad-Flute — 29.06.2012 18:49:26

Px написал:

Okay, all looks fine, I upload map on server with name de_pyramid_beta for testing and put it two times in Saturday and Monday mapcycles, let's see how people react on it :)

consider yes ;)

NorthNikko — 03.07.2012 00:52:25

1) you can stuck on a box (corrected)
2) flames are not animated
3) ts to a wrong (corrected)

Px — 03.07.2012 01:25:47

4) Bomb is too powerful, need to reduce
5) Glass window from CT side on A plant should be removed

NorthNikko — 03.07.2012 01:33:56

4) Ok
5) which one? it allows ct to spam A with awp from the box...

Px — 04.07.2012 02:01:42

This one

3rAs3r — 11.07.2012 01:25:40

terrors have a major advantage in this map..

NorthNikko — 13.07.2012 15:37:16

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/9775/depyramidsmaller.jpg

version 6.0

Changes :

- Added a new room. Its full of boxes and it allows new strategies concerning B site.
- Modified CT spawn to allow CT to go faster in the pyramid
- Modified TS to UP A way to make it a little longer
- Corrected some minor bugs
- Changed some textures (=> de_pyramid.wad replaced by pyramid.wad)

Now, the map is very equilibrate.

Px — 17.07.2012 00:45:29

Take time to test new version, general impression, it's worse.
1) Congratz, you forgot to include neige.wad to package, game crashed on first try of map
2)

NorthNikko написал:

- Changed some textures (=> de_pyramid.wad replaced by pyramid.wad)

That's what I called players dir pollution, and now all those, who test previous map version, need to redownload this file ingame because of what purpose?
3) You overcomplicate map again, while make positive change on T side of A plant, now it's became unplayable on B plant and in general, new room and corridors are unnecessary and confusing.
From my point of view, previous version was better, if you apply to it changes to A, which you make in version 6, and two more things, it can be called "release"
First one: breakable wall and crate at screenshot below must be replaced with another inclined pane construction.
Second: on bottom of ladder, which connects A and B add small area, same as on top

NorthNikko — 17.07.2012 12:34:59

neige.wad is not used in the map??? why is it needed? Ill check it later, there is a problem (I created neige.wad for an other map... neige means snow in french ><)
If you test the map and then its put on server... then you dont need to re-dl the file because the game check if the filename is present in cstrike folder, also this is OK. concerning dir pollution, seriously, who cares of 1 more file?

First one: breakable wall and crate at screenshot below must be replaced with another inclined pane construction.
Second: on bottom of ladder, which connects A and B add small area, same as on top

First one seems good, Ill try it. Second i don't really understand what you mean but I am ok there is a problem here.

From my point of view the map is not complicated at all. I know it and its small. If you play it some hours you will see that it's not complicated. Morever I see that this new room is a problem to plant at B and allows TS to rush A by behind and B to easly so maybe i will remove ts to this room entrance and make this room a corridor which would be a CT to B second entrance, as long as TS have got 2 B entrance too.

Px — 17.07.2012 13:04:30

NorthNikko написал:

why is it needed?

It's looks like you specifies that file somewhere, because, as I said, game crashes without it now

NorthNikko написал:

who cares of 1 more file

I care, because before it was same as map name, and now it have general name, and such file already exists in other maps, so if player go on new version map with other pyramid.wad, he got crash and became unhappy. Not a good thing here. That's why I propose to revert back to already used de_pyramid.wad

NorthNikko написал:

From my point of view the map is not complicated at all.

That's because you're map creator, you knew what and where locate and how to go there ;), I got numerous complaints even for 5.2 version that it's too complicated

NorthNikko написал:

Morever I see that this new room is a problem to plant at B and allows TS to rush A by behind and B to easly so maybe i will remove ts to this room entrance and make this room a corridor which would be a CT to B second entrance, as long as TS have got 2 B entrance too.

Please, remove all new additions to B completely

NorthNikko — 17.07.2012 13:50:17

if i dont rename de_pyramid.wad players will see some violet and black textures in case of seeing new ones except if they remove their ancient wad.
I think neige is a bug, Ill check it after lunch.

Px — 17.07.2012 14:02:01

NorthNikko написал:

in case of seeing new ones

So what the problem from replacing them with old one?

NorthNikko — 17.07.2012 14:07:23

Are you sre that all beta players will check the forum?

Px — 17.07.2012 14:27:26

NorthNikko написал:

Are you sre that all beta players will check the forum?

I definitely knew, that they wouldn't, that's why I say replace textures on map to old, not old wad file to new

3rAs3r — 22.07.2012 14:59:33

The terrors have way to many camp places when they plan on A site it's virtually impossible to defuse the bomb...bad map in my opinion...

Px — 22.07.2012 15:14:50

No, there are no problem there, just do two things:
1) Kill all T
2) Defuse the bomb
all is simple!

Skunk — 22.07.2012 15:42:00

Выбить Т с верхней закладки практически нереально.
Только если боты.

Т не только первые за А забегают, они еще успевают перекрыть все выходы со стороны КТ.
А узкие проходы делают флэш очень эффективным.
Путь КТ к А - только узкие коридоры - полностью перекрывается. Там даже стрелять не обязательно, достаточно каждые 5 сек бросать флэш.

Px — 22.07.2012 15:44:43

Время забегания в последней версии подправили

NorthNikko — 22.07.2012 18:39:54

(pls translate)

Sorry, I didnt have time to correct map... Ill correct this week

Skunk — 23.07.2012 00:15:12

Px написал:

Время забегания в последней версии подправили

А почему она не стоит на сервере?

Px — 23.07.2012 00:23:33

Skunk написал:

А почему она не стоит на сервере?

Потому что в ней другие проблемы нашлись, человеку захотелось плант Б доработать, вышел ужас, я там выше отписал ему, что надо откатить назад, и будет финальная версия, которую поставим вместо той, что сейчас

DJ_Serega — 23.07.2012 01:39:01

Та и респы нужно подогнать. Ибо сегодня удалось на ней поиграть за СТ. Не верхний респ просто не успевали вовремя прибежать... А если еще и в конце стоять, то и подавно. На нижний еще с горем пополам можно с флешами и дымом зайти.

NorthNikko — 23.07.2012 14:09:46

Google trad is so bad to translate russian to french...

Px — 23.07.2012 14:30:46

NorthNikko написал:

Google trad is so bad to translate russian to french...

That's because translation going through English =)
There are nothing new said there...

NorthNikko — 24.07.2012 12:40:03

Yes and I think that russian expressions are different that french ones so the word to word translation doesnt make sense...

3rAs3r — 29.07.2012 17:47:02

Px написал:

No, there are no problem there, just do two things:
1) Kill all T
2) Defuse the bomb
all is simple!

Post a vote here about the map and you will see the results man..

Nobody likes the map,not a single player...Just sayin'

Px — 29.07.2012 18:43:02

3rAs3r написал:

Post a vote here about the map and you will see

opinions of something like 1% of playing people :laughing:

svitl0 — 29.07.2012 21:28:33

i can't say i like the map but it's generally fine and more or less balanced now.

3rAs3r — 30.07.2012 01:33:18

Px написал:

1%

All of the regular players think it sucks.. But no matter,thx for at least bringing DE Priest back

Px — 30.07.2012 01:36:58

3rAs3r написал:

All of the regular players think it sucks

Have you ever heard about logic?

Px — 12.08.2012 14:22:22

A couple of players popped up an idea to ban Kalloway until he make full release :rolleyes:

UFLL — 12.08.2012 15:21:23

Px написал:

A couple of players popped up an idea to ban Kalloway until he make full release :rolleyes:

I think you should withdraw this map, when it get to this map, people started to vote the map at their preference.

:.:War Lords:.: | GhOst — 12.08.2012 20:13:25

svitl0 написал:

fine and more or less balanced now.

its not balanced at all
Ts have advantage in bombsite A and sometimes CTs cant stop them even when they camp in good positions

svitl0 — 13.08.2012 00:12:05

:.:War Lords:.: | GhOst написал:

Ts have advantage in bombsite A and sometimes CTs cant stop them even when they camp in good positions

T advantage is not really big on plant a. and CTs have even better spots to hide on b. i like the map and all those hanging things you can destroy :D some ethnic music at start would bring even more charm to the map!

Px написал:

A couple of players popped up an idea to ban Kalloway until he make full release

i vote for!

:.:War Lords:.: | GhOst — 13.08.2012 01:09:16

svitl0 написал:

im not saying the map is not good but im saying it needs an adjustment :)

NorthNikko — 13.08.2012 13:28:45

svitl0 написал:

some ethnic music at start would bring even more charm to the map!

That's a good idea
Guys you know I have got a life? Some friends love etc; I am NOT 24/24 CS playing (... see stats :( ) I will leave from tomorrow to 16th and then I'll modify pyramid.

svitl0 — 13.08.2012 14:56:17

NorthNikko написал:

Guys you know I have got a life?

this is sooo unprofessional :D

NorthNikko — 13.08.2012 16:40:09

>< i corrected da map, publish it in few minuts

NorthNikko — 13.08.2012 16:45:04

Here it is

:.:War Lords:.: | GhOst — 14.08.2012 04:33:02

NorthNikko написал:

Here it is

nothing has been changed :laughing:

NorthNikko — 14.08.2012 14:04:11

Buy glasses

Px — 14.08.2012 14:33:25

NorthNikko написал:

>< i corrected da map, publish it in few minuts

Checked, two remaining issues:
1) Still different from beta wad file, I asked to make it same
2) Added space at A-B ladder is not enough, the idea is to make possible to jump to that space from ladder being not seen from plant space, make it something like 2.5x higher. Also, swapped writing there is intended or bug (see screenshot)?

:.:War Lords:.: | GhOst — 14.08.2012 23:37:50

DUDE the biggest problem of this map is:
ITS TOO NARROW =)

NorthNikko — 16.08.2012 20:56:58

:.:War Lords:.: | GhOst написал:

ITS TOO NARROW

No

Px написал:

1) Still different from beta wad file, I asked to make it same
2) Added space at A-B ladder is not enough, the idea is to make possible to jump to that space from ladder being not seen from plant space, make it something like 2.5x higher. Also, swapped writing there is intended or bug (see screenshot)?

1) I think the map works fine and hasn't texture bug neither with this one or other one. In case of seeing purple and black texture please show me the place and I'll know which texture is bad. Or you can send me (PV) the old wad to allow me to see what I modified.

2) Okay i misunderstood you. I will modify. Should I make top area bigger too or not? The BREAK word is intended if you shoot you just see "Map created by kalloway".

Px — 16.08.2012 21:54:25

NorthNikko
1) I didn't say that map works bad, I explain why wad file must be same as on beta, don't make me repeat that again, please
2) Upper area is fine

:.:War Lords:.: | GhOst — 16.08.2012 22:03:18

oh ok now i saw the map after u fix it and it looks fine :)

NorthNikko — 16.08.2012 22:17:05

Px написал:

1) I didn't say that map works bad, I explain why wad file must be same as on beta, don't make me repeat that again, please

Technically can you please send me the beta wad?

Px — 16.08.2012 22:24:23

http://www.cs.iptcom.net/debug/de_pyramid.wad

NorthNikko — 16.08.2012 22:24:55

tnx, its ok

NorthNikko — 11.02.2013 23:44:28

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByRyu1- … sp=sharing
guess its it

NorthNikko — 26.02.2013 03:03:07

It's christmas

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/4597/sanstitre2nc.png

:.:War Lords:.: | GhOst — 26.02.2013 13:06:06

NorthNikko написал:

It's christmas

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/4597 … tre2nc.png

hehe cant wait :)

NorthNikko — 26.02.2013 13:43:42

This is the bombsite, how does it look?

Px — 26.02.2013 14:56:47

In France there is Christmas in March? :unsure:

NorthNikko — 26.02.2013 15:06:13

Nooo I just see there is snow on cs.iptcom.net so in my stupid mind it means "it's christmas !" :woot:

NorthNikko — 26.02.2013 15:08:53

and actually we're in february :)

:.:War Lords:.: | GhOst — 26.02.2013 15:09:48

NorthNikko написал:

This is the bombsite, how does it look?

well, its all covered with blood so i cant see anything :D i'll just wait till i play it :happy:

Px — 26.02.2013 15:10:20

NorthNikko написал:

and actually we're in february :)

And you'll finish it in last two days? :rolleyes:

NorthNikko — 26.02.2013 15:16:32

Why not? Am in holiday and the map is currently being compiled.. ok this is not a complete version :ninja: